How To Set Up A Room With Ouka Chat Server 5.xx Versions
Ouka's 5.xx versions of his Chat Server(OCS) are very different from earlier versions, there are many new features and commands available. Ouka has also changed his interface (Basically the looks and menus) to be more like his Chat Client, therefore this tutorial page is to be referred to for the 5.xx versions only. For Earlier versions please go toUsing Ouka Chat Server 4.xx versions
To download the 5.xx versions patched for the new WPN go here:Ouka Chat Server in English
First you will need to unzip the program. Extract all files to C:\Program Files\Ouka. The program comes in either Japanese or English.
For an English version just make sure the zip file says ChatServerE_version.zip.
When you have it unzipped to a folder then you simply go to that folder and double click the Icon for the Server.exe.
You will need to allow the program access through your firewall. Some users with XP Firewall enabled should set an exception to allow Ouka. To learn how to do this go to Configuring Your Firewalls
. Keep in mind the port for Ouka should be TCP 6690.
Ouka has been making updated versions quite regularly and in his latest versions there is an AutoUpdate.exe. This allows you to receive updates automatically. There is also an option to allow Auto Updates we will talk about shortly.
Once this is done you will see the Chat Server Box come up. This Interface has changed a lot from Ouka's original versions and looks much more like his Chat Client Program, lets go through the buttons and menus that are new.
Button allows you to set your Channel Name, Connect to the WPN, Disconnect, Auto Run, Edit User Information
the Program completely.
When you click the New Channel
option you will see the Channel Setting
box. Here you can enter your Channel Name, User Information, IP Address
and the default Port
number used, the Limit of users
for the channel, the Topic
of the Channel, and the Motd
or Message of The Day. Once you have all this set the way you like simply click the Host
Once this is done click the Channel button on the OCS Main screen again and choose Connect to WPN
. You will also see the AutoRun Button
here, when this is ticked, it allows your settings to be saved and loaded the next time you open your room and automatically connects your room to the WPN.
Clicking on the Edit User Info
will bring up the box above, where you can change your User Name, Files shared, and Type of Connection
The next button on the OCS Server screen is the Options
, where you can change the Font, Color Scheme
of the server screens, open the RCMS Management Situation, Enable RCMS Sounds, Open your Config.ini
file to make changes, and reload your KuruKuruCommands
has a wide variety of ones available to use, this can be fun to mess with to find one and a size you like. The WinMX Classic look is System
This allows you to change the colours used by the program for certain events such as Entering the room, Has left, and Action Text
You can quickly edit some of the settings for the room with the Management Situation
button. They are as follows:*ID Numbers Hidden
- Hides the numbers after a user name. *ID Half Numbers Enabled
- Allows the first half of the ID number to be seen. *UserCmd Enabled
- Enables user commands. *Command Concealment Enabled
- Hides admin commands from other users. *Hasleft Block Disabled
- Disables the -hasleft command. *Newline Block Disabled
- Blocks users from using the -\r\n- command for a new line. *Name Change Notification Disable
- Hides name change in the room. *Rename Block On
- Disallows rename while in the channel. *#Comd Limitation Disabled
- This is what limits commands that users can use.*Suneo Block Enabled
- Blocks users with certain ASCII characters from entering the room. *Penalty Disabled
- Disables the Penalty for short stay. *Leecher Block Disabled
- Disables the 0 files share block. *User Name Blocking Enabled
- This allows you to let users clone users in the channel. *MXArms Block Disabled
- Disables the ARMS block and allows multiple users to enter quickly as in a redirect from another room. *Illegal Client Block Enabled
- This blocks Nushi poison. *Text Replace On
- Allows you to have replacement text. Set these in the RCMSConf.txt file. *Automatic Lurker Block Disabled
- This allows you to turn on the Lurker block. The time limit can be set from the scroll bar with command number 28. *Welcome Message Disabled
- This allows you to disable or enable a welcome message. *Message Block On!
- This will allow you to block certain words.Redirect Channel:
Type in the full name of the channel you want to redirect to. This can be done on the scroll bar with command number 66. Welcome Message:
Type in here what you would like to have set as your welcome message.
The pic in our example has it set to give a users IP and Port as they enter. this can also be changed in the RCMSConf.txt file.Topic:
Here you can enter your topic or make changes to your topic.Motd:
Here you can enter the Message of The Day you want or make changes.Admin Pass Code:
Here you enter the password you want your admins to have to allow them to self admin when they re-enter into the room.CoHost Pass Code:
This is a way you can allow someone you trust to access all settings you can access, so that they can make changes to room settings.Note:
These pass codes are actually already set in Ouka so be sure to make this blank or change to a code you want for security.
When your done making changes on this screen just click Save
and then OK
to close the screen.
Next on the Options
menu you see the choice to allow RCMS Sounds
for certain events. this will play a sound to alert you when certain commands, such as a pass code being entered, have taken place in the room.Open Config
allows you to open the Configuration.ini
file to make changes to commands or view commands at a glance.Reload Kurukuru
allows you to reload the Kurukuru commands
after changes have been made. You must have the KuruKuru plug in
for this function, it is to allow you to have a personalized right click menu of commands in the channel.
As discussed previously, Ouka now allows you to Auto Check for Updates. From the Help Menu
you can check for updates manually with the Version Check
, let the program auto check for updated versions with the Auto Version Check
, or find out general information about the program with the About
option. Once you have clicked the Version Check
a message will show up in the channel letting you know if there is a new version.
You can also access some of the options through these Quick Launch
icons. There is a button for the sound however we haven\'t seen that Ouka has enabled this option as yet. Button 1)
Allows quick access to the Management Situation box.Button 2)
Allows quick access to the User Edit box.Button 3)
Allows quick access to the Font box.Button 4)
Allows quick access to the Colour Scheme box.Button 5)
Allows quick access to the About box.
The Buttons under the Quick Launch icons are the different views of control screens you have. They are the Chat View
- Allows you to watch the channel.User View
- Allows you to see the user list and details for each user.Penalty View
- Allows you to see the Banned users list, how long they are banned for and the other significant events of the room, such as people leaving or entering.Server View
- Allows you to view the Primary connections you have, and other information about the channel, such as uptime for the channel.
Because Ouka is using virtually the same interface ( Interface is how it looks and what buttons or options are available) as his Chat Client, the bar across the top in white doesn't serve a function, its used on the Chat Client for the rooms your in to be listed.
The Commands Button
in the lower right corner allows you a quick way to access some of the basic and more frequently used commands. They are basic functions such as kick, ban, topic, and redirect
The last options you have from the Chat Server Screen are on a right click menu from in the channel. Just place your mouse over the channel screen and right click to access it. The commands here are fairly self explanitory as to their functions such as Copy, Select All, Clear The Screen
(this is a good idea to do once in a while to cut down on your bandwidth), Show Time Stamps, Print Version
or User An Example Command
for instructions to users in the channel (explained below further).
By Right clicking on the icon in your task tray you can also change Show or Hide
the room, and Exit
. This is the command list for the Ouka Chat Server
Whilst this is as up to date as we can make it, there are a few commands not listed and new ones are always being added, so please forgive us if the command(s) you seek are not on the list. They are numbered to match the scroll bar of commands on Ouka\'s latest version 510a.
01 #UserCmd Redirect
- This is a command for redirecting a user. (Used after setting 66 #
UserCmd SetRedirectRoom )
02 #UserCmd RedirectTo
- This command will redirect a user to channel not set in your command 66. So you can redirect to any channel.
UserCmd Redirectto A Different Room Than Your Reg. Set One_329388299)
03 #AdminCmd AddAdmin
- This command is for turning a normal user into an admin (#
AdminCmd AddAdmin joe_soap_123_12345)
04 #AdminCmd RemoveAdmin
- This command is for removing an admin.
AdminCmd RemoveAdmin joe_soap_123_12345)
05 #UserCmd PrintChatStat
- This command is for listing on screen all the chat statistics.
06 #UserCmd Printwriteranking
- This command displays messages/hour time statistics.
07 #UserCmd Printrawwriteranking
- This command displays message/stay time statistics.
08 #UserCmd Printtimeranking
- This command displays The time ranking of the guests.
09 #UserCmd Printromranking
- This command displays the "Lurker" ranking of the guests.
10 #AdminCmd PrintIP
- This command prints the IP of the specified user.
AdminCmd PrintIP joe_soap_123_12345).
(It is also possible to obtain extended information by setting the GetHostByAddr=1 in RCMSConf.txt.)
11 #AdminCmd EnableUserCmd
- This allows the use of commands prefixed #
12 #AdminCmd DisableUserCmd
- This disallows the use of any commands starting with #
13 #AdminCmd HideIDOn
- This command hides the numbers after a users name.
14 #AdminCmd HideIDOff
- This command allows you to see the numbers after a users name.
15 #AdminCmd HideIDHalfOn
- This allows a partial number to be visible in the room.
16 #AdminCmd HideIDHalfOff
- This disallows partial number to be visible in the room.
17 #UserCmd WelcomeMsgOn
- This command allows the use of the welcome message.
18 #UserCmd WelcomeMsgOff
- This command turns off the welcome message.
19 #UserCmd SetWelcomeMsg
- This command is for setting the welcome message.
UserCmd SetWelcomeMsg This is a test, hello host !!! )
20 #AdminCmd ShowNickChangeOn
- This command is for showing any user name changes that occur.
21 #AdminCmd ShowNickChangeOff
- This command allows for invisible user name changing.
22 #AdminCmd ResetChatStat
- This Resets the chat room statistics
23 #AdminCmd ClearAdmin
- This command removes all the admins.
24 #AdminCmd NoShareBlockOn
- Setting this will result in no entry for 0 file sharers.
25 #AdminCmd NoShareBlockOff
- This allows everyone to enter regardless of amount of files shared.
26 #AdminCmd AutoRomBlockOn
- This is more commonly known as the "lurker block" on.
27 #AdminCmd AutoRomBlockOff
- This turns off the "lurker block".
28 #AdminCmd SetromBlockTime
- This is the time setting in minutes before the "lurker block" kicks guests from the room.
29 #AdminCmd TraderBlockOn
- This command Blocks names with certain words or characters from entering the room.
(Blocked word list is in RCMSConf.txt)
30 #AdminCmd TraderBlockOff
- This disables 29 #
AdminCmd TraderBlockOn (And is the normal setting for most rooms.)
31 #AdminCmd ArmsBlockOn
- This command blocks multiple entering. For example loads of users being redirected from another room. (It is recommended to be ON.)
32 #AdminCmd ArmsBlockOff
- This turns of the block on multiple entering.
33 #AdminCmd CrackerBlockOn
- This command allows blocking of users, with an identical name of someone already in the room, entering.
34 #AdminCmd CrackerBlockOff
- This command allows users with an identical name of someone already in the room to enter.
35 #AdminCmd PenaltyOn
- This command allows a short "banned" time penalty for users who do not stay long. (This will stop entering and exiting rapidly)
36 #AdminCmd PenaltyOff
- This command allows rapid entry and exit of the room. (Normal setting)
37 #AdminCmd RenameBlockOn
- This command allows renames in the room. (Normal setting)
38 #AdminCmd FloodProtectOn
- This sets the 5 lines flood protection on
39 #AdminCmd FloodProtectOff
- This allows users to type more than 5 lines (ok for text pictures)
40 #AdminCmd RenameBlockOff
- This disallows renames in the room
41 #AdminCmd HasleftBlockOn
- This activates the block on using #
42 #AdminCmd HasleftBlockOff
- This allows use of the #
43 #AdminCmd RnBlockOff
- This allows use of the newline function #
44 #AdminCmd RnBlockOn
- This blocks use of the newline function #
45 #AdminCmd HideCommandOn
- This hides admin commands from users.
46 #AdminCmd HideCommandOff
- Admin commands are now made visible.
47 #AdminCmd ReplaceTextOn
- This allows the use of the text replacement option. (Text replacement can be set in the RCMSConf.txt).
48 #AdminCmd ReplaceTextOff
- This command disables the text replacement option.
49 #UserCmd PrintVersion
- This command prints the version of Ouka or RCMS in use .
50 #UserCmd Printuserstat
- This command prints the statistics for the specified user.
51 #AdminCmd /Kickall
- This command clears all non admined users from the room
52 #AdminCmd /Redirect
- This redirects the specified user to the redirect location. (using 66 #
53 #AdminCmd /Topic
- This command sets the topic of the room as shown on the channel listing.
54 #AdminCmd /setmotd
- This command sets the room entry message.
55 #AdminCmd /limit
- This command sets the amount of users that can enter the room.
56 #AdminCmd /BanIP
- This command allows you to ban a user by IP address.
AdminCmd /BanIP 255.255.255.255)
57 #AdminCmd /ListBans
- This command displays the banned users list.
58 #UserCmd /ClearBans
- This command is for clearing all names from the banned list.
59 #UserCmd ClearDelay
- This command allows you to clear all users from the penalty list.
60 #AdminCmd Setvirtualuser
- This allows you to set "virtual" users in the room ( 1- 600).
61 #AdminCmd LoadSetting
- This is a command to reload the settings file RCMSConf.txt.
62 #AdminCmd PrintSockNum
- This shows socket connection statistics. (Primaries etc)
63 #UserCmd Printadminlist
- This command prints a list of people admined in the room.
64 #AdminCmd PrintPrimaryList
- This shows a list of primaries currently connected to the server.
65 #UserCmd InputPassCode
- This allows a user to become an admin after entering the passcode.
UserCmd InputPassCode testword . This is set in the server settings window)
66 #UserCmd SetRedirectRoom
- This option allows you to set the redirect room.
67 #UserCmd PrintRedirectRoom
- This displays the redirect room.
68 #UserCmd WriteMessage
-This command allows you to leave a message in the room.(#
UserCmd WriteMessage joe i,ll catch you later )
69 #UserCmd ReadMessage
- This command is for viewing any messages left with 68 #
UserCmd WriteMessage (#
UserCmd ReadMessage joe_soap_123_12345)
- This is for pretending to leave the room without actually doing so, (#
hasleft joe_soap 123_1234-0
- This is the newline command.
- This command is for changing the rooms topic on the listing.
- This command is for displaying the entry message.
- This shows the user the colour list with codes.
75 #UserCmd example
- This is used to void any commands syntax after it. Any command typed in after this command will be void.
usercmd example #
76 #AdminCmd Ignore
- Ignore removes the ability of the specified user to type in the room.
77 #AdminCmd RemoveIgnore
- This allows an ignored user to type in the room.
78 #nickname #message
- This is another little bit of fun and can be used to spoof another user.
nickname invisible #
message I,m not here, lol)
- This command allows a user to be <Anonymous> message here.
80 #Private #Message
- This is for passing a private message to another room user.
- This is for placing messages into the room that are only visible to admins.
There are other commands that will work in the Ouka room, however they are not listed on the scroll bar. They are as follows: #UserCmd /Kick
- Allows you to kick a user. #UserCmd /UnBan
- Allows you to unban a user. #AdminCmd /KickBan
- Allows you to kick and ban a user. #AdminCmd /Ban
- Allows you to ban a user. #AdminCmd /Setchannelname
- This allows someone to set a new channel name. #SetColour
- This command allows a user to set the colour of their own text. (#
hello in random colour.) #AdminCmd /Hidden
- This command allows you to hide a user from the user list in the room. This can be done by Host or CoHosts only.
AdminCmd /Hidden joe_soap_123_12345) #AdminCmd /Show
- This command allows you to show the user you have hidden. This command can be done by Host or CoHosts only.#AdminCmd /listhidden or /listhidden
- Lists hidden users #AdminCmd /kickip <IP> or /kickip <IP>
- Allows you to kick an ip.#AdminCmd triviaon/off
- The vote command only works with Ouka Chat Client2.
(When voting is enabled those using Ouka's client will notice the exit button changes to "Vote".
Then you can click the vote button and vote for whatever it is you\'re voting on. You'll notice a number appears by your name when you click vote and will increase each time you press it. #AdminCmd rcmslimitationon
- This allows you to set certain user commands that only admins can do so that not just anyone can change topic, motd..etc...Disabled/Enable /topic /motd /nickname commands#AdminCmd rcmslimitationoff
- Turns off the limitation of RCMS.#AdminCmd #renamepermission
<joe soap000_00000> - Allows only this user's renames to show in the channel.#AdminCmd /listignore
- Lists ignored users
(Hiding and showing users can only be done by Hosts and CoHosts) #setnickname <joe soap000_00000> #name <john soap000_00000>
- Allows you to set a users nickname.#AdminCmd reloadsettings
- Reloads your settings after changes have been made and room is already started.#UserCmd Example
- Using this allows you to show someone in the room a command without it working.
UserCmd Example type #
colour for a list of colours) #UserCmd /level <name> #\r\n#
- This is the new line command, it will work two ways now, by itself for a white text display or /me #
for action text display. #AdminCmd writeprotecton
- Write protect simply blocks messages with words in it you don't want. #AdminCmd writeprotectoff
- Turns off the Write protecion.
(An example of adding blocked words in rcmsconfig.txt is below
[Blockwrite] ; (0-127)
- This allows you to turn on the special colours that you can set in your RCMSConf.txt file for the text and nickname colours you want your users, admins, and host or cohost to be set at.#AdminCmd textformatoff
- This turns the colours off.
You can turn this on with the commands but you need to set the colours in your RCMSConf.txt file. Use the format below and change the colour codes to what ever you prefer them to
Setting example of text format
TextFormat] ; (0=User, 1=Admin, 2=Host & CoHost)
The following commands allow users without RCMS installed and on 3.5x versions of WinMX to use commands. /Login
- Admin themselves. /OpMsg
- Send messages for admins to view only. /Kick
- Kick a user. /KickBan
- Kick/ban a user. /Ban
- Ban a user. /UnBan
- Unban a user. /ClearBans
- Clear all bans. /ListBans
- List all bans. /Motd
- Get the motd to show up in the room. /SetMotd
- Set the message of the day. /Colour
- See the list of colours and the codes. /Server
- Allows you to see the server information. /Help
- Gets a list of help available from the RCMSConf.txt. Also can be change from that file.
The new Ouka versions allow you to have two channels listed in the WPN listing, with separate names and topics. Anyone entering either room will be in the original Ouka room as they are both on the same server. #AdminCmd /Setchannelname2
- This allows you to set the second channel name from that runs from the same server. #AdminCmd /Topic2
- This command is for a second Ouka room topic, from the same server.
These two commands are for use with MXChat/Nushi/Metis. They allow you to turn on or off the colour. #ATSCmd MctOff
- Colour Off #ATSCmd MctOn
- Colour On
We hope this tutorial enhances your enjoyment of hosting a room on the Ouka Chat Server
, We have enjoyed using it very much and its worth another mention here.... Thanks Ouka
©2005-2022 WinMXWorld.com. All rights reserved. Page last updated Sun Dec 05 2021