This client is very similar to Nushichat, but features enhanced support for colour and of course many great plugins.
For new users to the network this is a simple way of speaking to your friends on chat without having to share files or operate WinMX.
Its major point of interest is the plugins that are available for use with it and these will be covered on a separate page.Lets get started
You will need to create a folder in Program Files
for this client, Ouka Chat Client is a good name for it.
Once you have extracted the zipped contents to the Program Files\Ouka Chat Client
folder you can run the client by clicking on the icon.
You should now see a re-sizable chat window, lets look along the drop down menus we have.
We will need to enter a user name and some details such as line type and amount of files shared to keep WinMX happy.
To do this you will need open the Channel Menu.
Please take note that WinMX can be fussy and block joining if the name is not set correctly (too many numbers or not enough).
Its normal and more reliable to join using the channel listing but you can directly enter a room name and join by entering the name or IP and port here. Important:
When you press the "WPN Connect"
or "Refresh List"
button you must allow the client through your firewall or you will not be able to receive a channel listing.
Ok, hopefully you have now reached a channel listing or joined a chatroom.
For those requiring to select different colours for the displayed text or another font type those are both selectable from here.
You can adjust the INI file by clicking on "Open Config"
The Config File is the place where you can enter custom commands that you may want to use in your chat room instead of the current RCMS style ones.Important:
When you have finished any editing of the Config file you will need select "Reload KurukuruCmd"
for the changes to take place.
Lets take a look at some of the interesting options available by right clicking on the username in the right hand side (user list columns) of the screen.
As you can see there is the usual selection of operations and a few that are specific to this client. Clear Ghost
- This is to clear a name that for some reason is still on the users list even though they have left the chat room.Print User Stats
- This will display statistics on the selected user.Print IP
- This will display the selected users IP.Print Level
- This will display the selected users level in 3.53 compatible chat rooms.Level
- This gives a sub menu as shown that allows you to set a fixed userlevel starting from 1 through 6. Admin
- This option is for RCMS/Ouka style rooms to give Admin rank or remove it.Ignore
- This option is for removing the voice from a user (often when they are swearing).Hide
- This entertaining function allows users to hide (or unhide) from the rest of the chat room guests. Set NickName
- These options allow the host to deny username changes and also force a name onto the user.Message
- from this option is possible to send and recieve a private messages to with other room users.
One of the great things about Ouka Chat Client is the selection of plugins that allow extra features to be added to the basic client.
The plugins for this client are prefixed OCP unlike the Nushichat ones that start MCP.
For information and instructions on the plugins available click here:Ouka Chat Plugin Index
You can view which plugins are installed by looking in "Help", as well as the credits and client details.
Moving on to the last of the features we have the "Windows" menu.
The only feature worth mentioning here is the "Switch Windows" Option.
clicking on this will open a small sub panel to the right of the userlist and allow you to select which channel you wish to focus upon.
And finally we have a small sub menu that can be reached by right clicking in the main chat window.
From this small menu you can clear the screen, reload any sound files and remove the time display from the channel, as well as being able to access customised commands you have added to the "Config.INI"
I hope this answers some of the basic questions regarding the operation of Oukas Chat Client 2 and wish to thank Ouka for his great work on creating and constantly improving this program.
You can keep up with the latest version in this thread
on the forum.